Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brilliant At Breakfast

This is way overdue. I blame my work for robbing me off time for me to blog. Meh!

--

I stumbled upon Brilliant At Breakfast whilst browsing for music online one day. I have a habit of clicking stuff which usually leads me to awesome bands. Score! I'm like a kid in a candy store when I discover bands on the internet. I get really trippy and spam everyone on my Twitter list. Follow me HERE if you want to be spammed! MUAHAHA!


To be honest, I fell in love with the band's name first (I fall in love easily, don't I?). A quote from Oscar Wilde, who happens to be my favourite author. I get a little lost sometimes when I listen to their music - which is good! Cause sometimes life is too distracting, you just need a little escape. Quirky, whimsical and apt. That's how Brilliant At Breakfast sounds. I managed to get Eka to answer some silly questions I came up with prior to their gig at Esplanade.

Again, apologies I didn't get to post this before their performance. Sadpanda.


Are you guys really stick figures?
Of course we are! Anyone who said to the contrary is not to be trusted. Oh, and we are not to be trusted, by the way.

Why Brilliant At Breakfast? Are you guys fans of Oscar Wilde, by any chance?
Of course we are! Nothing more delicious than a healthy dose of aphorisms dowsed in pepper sauce... yum.

Describe your music in less than 12 words.
Verbose, raucous, capricious, otherwise dull. There, just five words -- keep the rest.

What's a typical day like?
One word: SNOOZE.

What's the first thing you think of when I say, Singapore?
Well - singa? (the lion)

Here's a sample of their awesomeness if you have no clue who they are:


--

I'll post a review of their gig shortly. Fireworks as background. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment