Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blast From The Past: Shonen Knife

It's 1998, I was an angsty teenager angry with the world. Why? I had no clue.

And then there was Shonen Knife. The trio is the epitomy of rainbow and kitties for me. Whenever I listen to them, it's like getting high on pseudo-steroids. Happy, shiny people. Loads of colours. Random cartoon characters in the music videos (that's when MTV was life and nothing else - we breathe and eat music videos).

Soon, there wasn't much reasons to stay angry.

Banana Chips had constant airplay on MTV. Kept seeing this until I finally caved and bought their cd, Happy Hour. Awesome decision. I was hooked. I lost track of their whereabouts and was genuinely shocked but very happy that they're still active and performing. Thank you random email.


My favourite track: Daydream Believer (Monkees' cover)


Don't you just adore them?

No comments:

Post a Comment